With the abeyance of the ancient Druids, so too vanished centuries of accumulated oral wisdom about the Celtic way of thinking, about their faith and their symbolic perception of the Celtic cross meaning. What remains of Celtic understanding comes to us from Roman writings (which, are biased at best). We can also turn to Christian monks for understanding about the faith of the Celts as it was their charge to transcribe much of their mythology. Even here we see religious projection and grand liberties of supposition about how the Celts exhibited their faith.
The symbolism of the Celtic cross (especially the equal-armed cross in which each protrusion is equidistant from the center) is indicative of the human desire to know and experience the unfolding mystery of life. We could say that mystery can unfold in a 4-fold pattern in which the arms of the cross offer four ways to ascension, an invitation to objectively know. The symbolic stations of the Celtic cross are: self, nature, wisdom, god/goddess.
The cross is also a symbol representing the meeting place of the Divine energies. At the center of the cross-section is the energetic touchstone where a concentration of cosmic power resides.
Embrace the Celtic Cross with this handmade piece! It's made from Mango Tree Wood which is eco-friendly for the following reasons:
– Responsible management of mango plantations adds to the sustainability of mango wood. Cut-down trees are immediately replaced, and only old, fruitless trees are harvested for wood.
– The use of mango wood prevents teak and other endangered woods from being harvested from the wild.
– Manufacturing of wood products provides additional revenue for mango farmers, supporting the local community.
– Overall deforestation is reduced by using domestic mango wood.
– Mango wood is relatively hard and dense and therefore very durable, requiring little to no maintenance.
– Using the mango wood from cut-down trees reduces carbon emissions, because the wood is not left to rot (rotting wood produces carbon dioxide).
This is very special and would make a lovely gift for a loved one, as it's perfect for storing personal, special items. The trinket box is especially ideal for pieces of jewelry as there is space to store your favourite pieces. It definitely makes a beautiful addition to one's home decoration, especially if you appreciate handmade woodwork. Much effort and artistic energy has been put into the making of this piece and its positive energies will surely be passed on to the new owner.
The measurements are as follows:
It would make a very unique addition to your home decor collection 🙂
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Happy buying 🙂