Celtic knots are complete loops without any beginning or end, this unending style is called pure knots. The knots vary from simple to complicated ones. The use of only one thread highlights the Celts’ belief in the interconnectedness of life and eternity. They strongly believe in the symbolism reflected in Celtic knot works from the old Celtic myths and legends. In earlier times, the elaborate designs were mainly used for decorative purposes. However, overtime, people began to come up with their own interpretations, and began to understand the designs at a deeper level. They saw the constant interlacing as the physical and the spiritual crossing of paths, expressing permanence, and the endurance of life, love and faith. Celtic knot works were created for secular and religious purposes too. They were meant for decorative aims to ornate Bible manuscripts and monuments like Celtic crosses and jewellery. The early Celts began this legacy of knot works that consisted of animals and spirals, drawn with such detail that they became known as the “work of angels”. Each knot meant a virtue like strength or love.
This beautiful handmade box is hand carved and has intricate Celtic style knotted patterns.
It's made from Mango Tree Wood which is eco-friendly for the following reasons:
– Responsible management of mango plantations adds to the sustainability of mango wood. Cut-down trees are immediately replaced, and only old, fruitless trees are harvested for wood.
– The use of mango wood prevents teak and other endangered woods from being harvested from the wild.
– Manufacturing of wood products provides additional revenue for mango farmers, supporting the local community.
– Overall deforestation is reduced by using domestic mango wood.
– Mango wood is relatively hard and dense and therefore very durable, requiring little to no maintenance.
– Using the mango wood from cut-down trees reduces carbon emissions, because the wood is not left to rot (rotting wood produces carbon dioxide).
This is very special and would make a lovely gift for a loved one, as it's perfect for storing personal, special items. The trinket box is especially ideal for pieces of jewelry as there is space to store your favourite pieces. It definitely makes a beautiful addition to one's home decoration, especially if you appreciate handmade woodwork. Much effort and artistic energy has been put into the making of this piece and its positive energies will surely be passed on to the new owner.
The measurements are as follows:
It would make a very unique addition to your home decor collection 🙂
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Happy buying 🙂