Magicians and Alchemists used the heart symbols for incantations pertaining to matters related to love and romance. They were also used in rituals with a goal to strengthen relationships. The heart has long been recognized across cultures as being a symbol for love, charity, joy and compassion. In mythology, spirituality and religion the heart has historically been ascribed much mystical significance, either as metaphor or as an organ genuinely believed to have spiritual or divine attributes.
In early science and philosophy many classical and medieval philosophers and scientists, including Aristotle, considered the heart the seat of thought, reason or emotion, often rejecting the value of the brain.
The Roman physician Galen located the seat of the passions in the liver, the seat of reason in the brain, and considered the heart to be the seat of the emotions. While Galen's identification of the heart with emotion were proposed as a part of his theory of the circulatory system, the heart has continued to be used as a symbolic source of human emotions even after the rejection of such beliefs.
In European traditional art and folklore, the heart symbol is drawn in a stylized shape. This shape is typically colored red, suggesting both blood and, in many cultures, passion and strong emotion.
Declare your love with this beautiful handmade box! It's made from Mango Tree Wood which is eco-friendly for the following reasons:
– Responsible management of mango plantations adds to the sustainability of mango wood. Cut-down trees are immediately replaced, and only old, fruitless trees are harvested for wood.
– The use of mango wood prevents teak and other endangered woods from being harvested from the wild.
– Manufacturing of wood products provides additional revenue for mango farmers, supporting the local community.
– Overall deforestation is reduced by using domestic mango wood.
– Mango wood is relatively hard and dense and therefore very durable, requiring little to no maintenance.
– Using the mango wood from cut-down trees reduces carbon emissions, because the wood is not left to rot (rotting wood produces carbon dioxide).
This is very special and would make a lovely gift for a loved one, as it's perfect for storing personal, special items. The trinket box is especially ideal for pieces of jewelry as there is space to store your favourite pieces. It definitely makes a beautiful addition to one's home decoration, particularly if you appreciate handmade woodwork. Much effort and artistic energy has been put into the making of this piece and its positive energies will surely be passed on to the new owner. The box can be opened and closed by sliding the top heart horizontally.
The measurements are as follows:
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Happy buying 🙂