The owl is sacred to the Greek goddess of learning, Athena and is even depicted on some Greek currency as a symbol of status, intelligence and of course, wealth.
In ancient Egyptian, Celtic, and Hindu cultures the symbolic meaning of owl revolved around guardianship of the underworlds, and a protection of the dead.
In this light the owl was ruler of the night and seer of souls. A misunderstanding of this necessary relationship gave the owl some negative associations with death.
It should be clear that the owl was honored as the keeper of spirits who had passed from one plane to another. Often myth indicates the owl accompanying a spirit to the underworld – winging it's newly freed soul from the physical world into the realm of spirit.
Being aware of the owl's symbolic meanings is a good way to connect with these fascinating creatures, and also become more in-tune with the owl's wisdom. The owl symbolises:
As the owl is an animal of the night, it's also important to consider its nocturnal symbolism. It is the bird of dreams, shadows, secret knowledge and psychic awareness.
The owl is very much connected with the moon. Luna's domain doesn't only include the sea (her element is water), because the moon is also queen of the night, her kingdom includes all nocturnal creatures too. The moon is all about mystery and secrets, and the owl carries her secrets.
This box is made from Mango Tree Wood which is eco-friendly for the following reasons:
– Responsible management of mango plantations adds to the sustainability of mango wood. Cut-down trees are immediately replaced, and only old, fruitless trees are harvested for wood.
– The use of mango wood prevents teak and other endangered woods from being harvested from the wild.
– Manufacturing of wood products provides additional revenue for mango farmers, supporting the local community.
– Overall deforestation is reduced by using domestic mango wood.
– Mango wood is relatively hard and dense and therefore very durable, requiring little to no maintenance.
– Using the mango wood from cut-down trees reduces carbon emissions, because the wood is not left to rot (rotting wood produces carbon dioxide).
This is very special and would make a lovely gift for a loved one, as it's perfect for storing personal, special items. The trinket box is especially ideal for pieces of jewelry as there is space to store your favourite pieces. It definitely makes a beautiful addition to one's home decoration, particularly if you appreciate handmade woodwork. Much effort and artistic energy has been put into the making of this piece and its positive energies will surely be passed on to the new owner.
The measurements are as follows:
It would make a very unique addition to your home decor 🙂
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Happy buying 🙂