A beautiful Art Nouveau Lady. Alfons Maria Mucha, often known in English and French as Alphonse Mucha, was a Czech Art Nouveau painter and decorative artist, known best for his distinct style.
He produced many paintings, illustrations, advertisements, postcards, and designs. Mucha’s work has continued to experience periodic revivals of interest for illustrators and artists. Interest in Mucha’s distinctive style experienced a strong revival during the 1960s (with a general interest in Art Nouveau) and is particularly evident in the psychedelic posters of Hapshash.
Mucha’s design shows a dreamy-eyed young woman leafing through a book of decorative designs, possibly printers’ samples. The prominent disk behind her is elaborately decorated with flowers and their stems forming a lace-like pattern.
Embrace your inner flower-child with this handmade box!
It’s made from Mango Tree Wood which is eco-friendly for the following reasons:
– Responsible management of mango plantations adds to the sustainability of mango wood. Cut-down trees are immediately replaced, and only old, fruitless trees are harvested for wood.
– The use of mango wood prevents teak and other endangered woods from being harvested from the wild.
– Manufacturing of wood products provides additional revenue for mango farmers, supporting the local community.
– Overall deforestation is reduced by using domestic mango wood.
– Mango wood is relatively hard and dense and therefore very durable, requiring little to no maintenance.
– Using the mango wood from cut-down trees reduces carbon emissions, because the wood is not left to rot (rotting wood produces carbon dioxide).
This is very special and would make a lovely gift for a loved one, as it’s perfect for storing personal, special items. The trinket box is especially ideal for pieces of jewelry as there is space to store your favourite pieces. It definitely makes a beautiful addition to one’s home decoration, particularly if you appreciate handmade woodwork.
Much effort and artistic energy has been put into the making of this piece and its positive energies will surely be passed on to the new owner.
The measurements are as follows:
15cm long (5.9 inches)
10cm wide (3.9 inches)
6.5cm high (2.6 inches)
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Happy buying 🙂