The Triquetra is an ancient symbol made up of three half circles connecting at the tips. This Celtic symbol is also known as the Celtic trinity knot or Celtic triangle. Its origins have been attributed to the early Celtic people, various pagan groups and later to Christianity. For Pagans, the Triquetra represents the threefold nature of reality in its various forms. The Divine Feminine – maiden, mother and crone; life, death and rebirth, and the three forces of nature represented as water, air and earth. Sometimes, the traditional Triquetra symbol is accompanied by a circle. The circle, in many belief systems, is a symbol of eternity. Whether it is the eternity of God's love or the eternal circle of life itself, the circle adds even more weight to the significance of the Triquetra.
This beautiful handmade box is hand carved and has a Celtic Triquetra.
It's made from Mango Tree Wood which is eco-friendly for the following reasons:
– Responsible management of mango plantations adds to the sustainability of mango wood. Cut-down trees are immediately replaced, and only old, fruitless trees are harvested for wood.
– The use of mango wood prevents teak and other endangered woods from being harvested from the wild.
– Manufacturing of wood products provides additional revenue for mango farmers, supporting the local community.
– Overall deforestation is reduced by using domestic mango wood.
– Mango wood is relatively hard and dense and therefore very durable, requiring little to no maintenance.
– Using the mango wood from cut-down trees reduces carbon emissions, because the wood is not left to rot (rotting wood produces carbon dioxide).
This is very special and would make a lovely gift for a loved one, as it's perfect for storing personal, special items. The trinket box is especially ideal for pieces of jewelry as there is space to store your favourite pieces. It definitely makes a beautiful addition to one's home decoration, especially if you appreciate handmade woodwork. Much effort and artistic energy has been put into the making of this piece and its positive energies will surely be passed on to the new owner.
The measurements are as follows:
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Happy buying 🙂